Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Plurkmas, Everyone!!

You may be wondering what the heck Plurkmas is.  But to me it's very special.   You see, Plurk is networking site similar to Facebook and Twitter.  It has a timeline that runs horizontally, and every "plurk" is a conversation bubble that shows up in your timeline and in the timeline of your friends.  You can carry on conversations, post pics, videos and links.

If you'd told me 5 years ago that I would become great friends with all kinds of people over the internet I would have snorted and denied it all!! But since I've been selling online I've found a whole world of friends from Europe to Asia to Australia and back across the US.  And I love them all!!  Now I just need friends form the North and South Poles!! lol Hey, don't laugh too hard, they could be Plurking as we speak!

This year we did our yearly swap and I received some wonderful gifts from Star of ColtPixy.  She's a master artisan of miniatures in clay.  Just see below!  Her new wondrous creations are her totally cool snails, with real shells. Not only is that snail adorable, but that teeny tiny pixy riding on it's back isn't even 1/2 inch high and look at all the detail!



I also received a mini snowman, which I love, love, LOVE!! Snowmen are my fav winter thing. This one is singing Frosty The Snowman.  Can you hear him?




She also sent me a whole school of fish magnets.  If you know me you'll know that I'm obsessed with fish. I have real fish, make glass fish, decorate with fish.  I just can't get enough of them.  And in PURPLE yet!!  These little guys have a place of honor on my metal cabinet in my work room.  All of these little beauties will be here to keep me company when I work.  Thanks so much Star :D  Oh, I think I need to make some bubble magnets.  Fish need bubbles, right!!



So, with that I want to wish everyone a very Merry Plurkmas!

2 comments:

  1. Awww I am glad that you like them! I snagged your photo of the snail. I forgot to get one before I mailed it.
    When I first saw plurk I did not think I would like it. It took popnicute 2 more weeks to talk me into finally joining and I am so glad I did. February will be my 3rd Plurkaversary and I could not imagine not being there. It is my plurk buddies that keep me sane =)
    Merry Plurkmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the work that coltpixy does, I have a sword in the stone that she made. I have it in my workshop sitting on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete